High Content Screening (Live Cell Assays)
- Perkin Elmer Operetta high-content imaging system
- Environmental control chamber (temperature and CO2).
- Rapid microscopic analyses of a wide variety of cell behaviors.
- Wide-field and fluorescence illumination switchable to confocality.
- 2X, 10X, 20X and 40X objectives, 8 excitation filters and 6 emissions filter to enable the detection of fluorophores ranging from UV to far red.
- The Operetta is robotically integrated with both a Liconic cell incubator (temperature controlled, can control CO2 and O2 levels) for fully automated live cell experiments and an ambient specialized storage device for fixed-cell assays.
High Throughput Biochemical/Gene Expression Screens
- BMG Labtech Pherastar FS multimode plate reader:
- Measurements of fluorescence intensity, fluorescence polarization, time-resolved fluorescence, TR-FRET, AlphaScreen, luminescence
- Two reagent injectors for precise kinetic measurements:
- Capability for simultaneous injection of reagents and measurement, for highly precise kinetic measurements.
- A 0.1 mm resolution, automatic Z-height focusing optical stage that precisely focuses light onto the cell monolayer in cell-based assays.
- Well, scanning that enables high-resolution cell layer detection, generating 3D topology maps for quantitative analyses of defined regions within a well in cell-based assays, significantly reducing inter-well variability.
- Sophisticated user-friendly analysis software is also available. In addition, this analysis software is freely available from BMG Labtech and thus allows users to analyze data on their own computers.
Chemical Library Plating And microplate assay development
- Agilent Bravo Liquid Handling system:
- Compound plating and reagent dispensing.
- Volumes ranging from 0.4 µl to 70 µl/well into multiple plates (96- and 384-well microplates
Bulk dispensing and plate washing for biochemical and cell-based assays
- Biotek MicroFill bulk dispenser:
- Syringe injection system for dispensing bulk reagents and cells into microplates.
- Volumes ranging from 5 µl to 1 ml.
- Biotek EL406 dual bulk dispenser/microplate washer:
- Low-volume dispensing and plate washing.
- Especially designed for gentle washing of microplates containing living cells.
General Lab Facilities for assay preparation:
- Cell culture incubators under normoxic and hypoxic conditions
- Cell culture hoods
- Microfuges and centrifuges
- Liquid nitrogen cryopreservation
- Refrigerators and freezers