Harsh Patel, MD
Position: Fellow – Third Year
What are your clinical interests:
- My clinical interests include luminal GI topics; including colorectal screening and esophageal diseases.
- I also have a growing interest in polypectomy and the various tools we have at our disposal for polyp resection.
What are your hobbies and favorite activities outside of medicine?
My hobbies including playing soccer, weight lifting, hiking, and traveling. I have a goal to travel internationally at least 1-2 time per year. Otherwise, I enjoy spending time with family/ friends/ my dog in addition to catching up with a long list of TV shows.
Residency: UT Health Science Center at Houston
Medical School: St. George’s University School of Medicine
Undergraduate: University of Florida
Awards & Accomplishments
- 2011-present – Iota Epsilon Alpha- International Medical Honor Society member
- 2007 – National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- 2007 – Florida Bright Futures Scholarship
- 2007 – Bank of America Joe Martin Scholarship
- 2007 – International Baccalaureate Program Diploma
- Patel, H.D., Rubin, M.I.; Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder in a Patient with WorseningAscites after Liver Transplantation. Case Reports in Hematology, vol. 2017, Article ID 7247438,3 pages, 2017. doi:10.1155/2017/7247438.
- Patel, H.D., Kannadath, B.S., Rahimi, E., Guha, S., Ertan, A., Thosani, N.. Very Low Rate of Progression to Esophageal Adenocarcinoma in Patients with Non-dysplastic and Low-grade DysplasticBarrett’s Esophagus at a Tertiary GI Referral Center. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy- SupplementalIssue. 2017, May; 85(5): AB572.
- Patel, H. D.; Desai, N. R.; Som, A.; Shah; S. K.; Thosani, N. C., Solid-Cystic Pancreatic DesmoidTumor with Beta-Catenin Positivity. ACG Case Rep J. 2017;4:e40.http://dx.doi.org/10.14309/crj.2017.40. Published: March 15, 2017.
- Patel, H. D.; Schwartz, B. A.; Rahman, M. Z.; Grossman, E. B., A patient with Gardner’s Syndrome andFamilial Adenomatous Polyposis presenting with Extra-abdominal Desmoid tumors and diffuseIntestinal polyposis. ACG Case Rep J. 2015;2(3):133-134.http://dx.doi.org/10.14309/crj.2015.31.Published: April 10, 2015.
Poster Presentations/ Oral Presentations/ Abstracts:
- Colo-Colic Intussusception Secondary to a Large Submucosal Colonic LipomaAuthors: Fazeli, C.; Patel, H. D.; Camero, A.; Gonzalez, L.; Campi, H.;
- Rosenkranz, L.Event/Meeting: ACG 2019 Annual Scientific MeetingDate: October 29th, 2019San Antonio, TX
- Phlegmonous GastritisAuthors: Gonzalez, L.; DeCino, A.; Patel, H. D.; Randy, W.; Parker, A. Event/Meeting: ACG 2019 Annual Scientific MeetingDate: October 28th, 2019San Antonio, TX
- Never Too Old for Meckel’s: A Unique Presentation of an Uncommon Source of Gastrointestinal Bleeding in AdultsAuthors: Aggarwal, P.; Patel, H. D.; Camero, A.; Randy, W.Event/Meeting: ACG 2019 Annual Scientific MeetingDate: October 28th, 2019San Antonio, TX
- A Case of a Primary Large Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma of the Esophagus disguised as a Food ImpactionAuthors: Patel, H. D.; Beck, J.; Kataria, A.; Echavarria, J.
Event/Meeting: ACG 2019 Annual Scientific MeetingDate: October 27th, 2019San Antonio, TX
- Klippel-Trenaunay Weber: Rare Congenital Syndrome Causing Persistent Rectal BleedingAuthors: Kataria, A.; Patel, H. D.; Randy, W.Event/Meeting: ACG 2019 Annual Scientific MeetingDate: October 27th, 2019San Antonio, TX
- A Case of Disseminated TB in a patient with Colonic Crohn’s disease on Anti-TNF therapyAuthors: Hopp, G.; Patel, H. D.; Garapati, K.; Randy, W.Event/Meeting: ACG 2019 Annual Scientific MeetingDate: October 27th, 2019San Antonio, TX
- 81 Colonic Polyps- An Incidental Finding and Clinical DilemmaAuthors: Franco, J.; Camero, A.; Patel, H. D.; Schindler, A. Event/Meeting: ACG 2019 Annual Scientific MeetingDate: October 27th, 2019San Antonio, TX
- Can an Automated Classifier Program Outperform Manual Review of Colorectal Biopsy Reports?: AQuality Improvement InitiativeAuthors: Kannadath, B. S.; Patel, H. D.; Meriwether, M. P.; Herman, A. F; Stone, J. R.; Stone, J. R; Stone, D, M.; Thosani, N. C; Guha, S.Event/Meeting: ACG 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting- ORAL PRESENTATIONDate: October 18th, 2017Orlando, FL
- A Rare Case of Hydrogen Peroxide induced Gastric Emphysema and Portal Venous Gas Embolism treated with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Authors: Aziz, H; Patel, H. D.Event/Meeting: ACG 2017 Annual Scientific MeetingDate: October 17th, 2017Orlando, FL
- Predictors of Fibrosis in NAFLD Patients and the Impact of Statins on OutcomesAuthors: Griffin, C., Zhang, X., Avila, M., Patel, H.D., Nevah, M.I.Event/Meeting: ACG 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting
Date: October 16th, 2017Orlando, FL
- Automated Lexicon Based Classification of Colorectal Biopsy Pathology Reports: A Quality Improvement Initiative.Authors: Kannadath, B.S., Patel, H.D., Meriwether, M.P., Herman, A.F., Stone, J.R., Stone,D.M., Thosani, N.C., Guha, S.Event/Meeting: American College of Physicians Texas Associates Day- Frist Place AwardDate: April 29th, 2017 Houston, TX
- Implementation of Oncology Survivorship Care Plans at MHH-TMC.Authors: Gonzalez, A.; Brown, S.; Enciso, W.; Patel, H. D.; Do, C.; Jacob, R.; Jiang, Y.; Jaggi,S.; Shih, K.Event/Meeting: Edward Randall, III Internal Medicine Quality FairDate: April 14th, 2017 Houston, TX
- Post-transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder in a patient with Worsening Ascites and LiverTransplantation.Authors: Patel, H. D.; Acosta, F. G.; Nevah Rubin, M. I.Event/Meeting: American College of Physicians National Abstract CompetitionDate: March 30th, 2017 San Diego, CA
- Improving Urine Collection and Decreasing Antibiotics use for Urinary Tract Infections in theEmergency Department.Authors: Aisenberg, G; Petitto, G. S.; Patel, H. D; Kwak, M. J.; Canache, A. S.; Khawaja, F.;Sandhu, U.; Rauseo, A.; Peerbhai, S.; Monga, K.; Katignak, P.Event/Meeting: Edward Randall, III Internal Medicine Quality FairDate: April 18th, 2016 Houston, TX