Landon Brown, MD
Position: Fellow – Second Year
What are your clinical interests?
- I am interested in pursuing a career in advanced endoscopy.
What are your hobbies and favorite activities outside of medicine?
- I enjoy playing golf, traveling, and snow skiing.
Residency: Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Medical School: University of South Alabama College of Medicin
Awards & Accomplishments
- McKnight, W.S. Scholarship- an award given annually to junior medical students of excellence
- Brown LK, Clark NR, Conway J, Mishra G. Rectal ultrasound with fine needle aspiration: an underutilized modality for delineating and diagnosing perirectal, presacral, and pelvic lesions. Endosc Int Open. 2019 Feb;7(2):E171-E177.2)
- Brown LK, Xu J, Freedman BI, Hsu FC , Bowden DW, Koch KL. Symptoms Suggestive of Gastroparesis in a Community-Based Cohort of European Americans and African Americans with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus – Accepted to Digestive Disease Sciences
Other Research Experience/Presentations
- 1) Digestive Disease Week (DDW) abstract acceptance: Gastroparesis in Community-Based Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Meta-Analysis: Lipid Lower Agents Efficacy and Safety in NAFLD
- NC ACP conference abstract acceptance: Polyarteritis Nodosa in the Setting of Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia.
- Sayner S, Brown LK, Bauer N. “Hypoxia-Induced Extrusion of Cyclic AMP Containing Microparticles”