Welcome to the Department of Neurology at the UT Health at San Antonio.
I am excited to welcome you to our website and introduce you to our tradition of excellence in neurological education, research and service to patients in the South Texas community. The Department began as the Division of Neurology within the Department of Medicine beginning with four faculty members in the 1980s. We became a Department of Neurology in 2007 and have continued to grow and expand our programs and services since that time. I am confident you will be impressed!
The mission of the Department of Neurology is to improve the lives of individuals with nervous system disorders through excellence in clinical care, education, research and community engagement. ·
- Clinical Care – we deliver high quality, compassionate, culturally proficient, team-based and personalized care to enhance every patient’s quality of life.
- Education – we foster exemplary medical education and training to a diverse body of health career professionals at all levels with a commitment to scholarship, leadership and life-long learning.
- Research – we advance for thoughtful advancements in clinical and translational neuroscience by conducting innovative research
- Community engagement – we advocate for thoughtful advances in health policy while educating our community to improve brain health.
The vision of our Department is to transform brain health for a diverse society.
The core values which drive our commitment to achieve this mission and vision include:
- Humility – We hold truth more important than individual accolades.
- Courage – We believe resilience in the face of adversity enhances the implementation of innovation
- Inclusion – We believe that our differences make us stronger and more creative
- Integrity – We keep our promises even when it is costly
- Empathy – We will take the time to share each other’s joys and sorrows
- Transparency – We will do nothing without those the action affects
- Accountability – We will own every problem we encounter
- Innovation – We will continually strive for healthier lives for our patients, as well as our students, staff and faculty
I hope you enjoy your exploration of our website. We are here to answer any questions you may have and we look forward to your engagement with our community!
Carlayne E. Jackson, MD, FAAN
Professor and Interim-Chair of Neurology
President-elect, American Academy of Neurology
UT Health San Antonio
Clinical Research Staff
Make a donation
(210) 450-6039 (fax)
(210) 562-9366 (fax)
Department of Neurology
UT Health San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229