Honors fly high as banners announce School of Medicine’s national ranking

Banners celebrating the Long School of Medicine's national rankings hang on the Long Campus.
The Long School of Medicine's national rankings are displayed on banners on the Long Campus.

By Kortinae Lozano

In recognition of the U.S. News and World Report’s Best Grad Schools for 2022 rankings, large banners were erected to showcase the Long School of Medicine’s achievement of being named a top 50 medical school for the first time in its history. The banners are located on the facade of the parking garage near the Long School of Medicine on the Long Campus.

In March, the school was named the 16th most diverse medical school in the U.S., a newly added category for U.S. News and World Report.

“Diversity within the medical school means training physicians that are culturally competent and are committed to meeting the unique social and cultural needs of their patients,” said third-year medical student Temiloluwa Adejuyigbe. “As I continue on my journey to become a physician, I am confident that the skills I’ve learned at the Long School of Medicine will equip me to be a supportive physician who seeks to truly understand my patients in the context of their diverse backgrounds.”

The school also received the 46th spot for the best medical school teaching primary care in the United States, as well as 52nd among medical schools performing research. The School of Nursing’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree also was ranked 57th in the 2022 U.S. News & World Report rankings of Graduate Degrees in Nursing.

Share This Article!