The physicians of the Children’s Heart Network draw upon their many years of experience treating congenital heart disease with their longstanding affiliations with pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons, intensive care physicians and other pediatric specialists, to best meet the needs of congenital heart patients throughout central and south Texas.
In tune with the concerns of both physicians and patients, the Children’s Heart Network offers superior health care and professional communication. We are firmly devoted to meeting the needs of our patients and their families through ongoing communication and teamwork with referring physicians. Our comprehensive system is based on a dynamic team approach.
- Outpatient services in our offices at
- 1901 Babcock Road, Suite 301 in San Antonio
- 502 Madison Oak, Suite 300 Atrium Building @ NC Baptist Hospital Stone Oak area in San Antonio
- University Hospital, 4502 Medical Drive in San Antonio
- Outreach clinic sites in Laredo and Seguin
- Inpatient practices conducted at leading children’s tertiary care facilities in conjunction with intensive care unit teams experienced in the management of children with congenital heart disease.
- Heart transplantation and cardiomyopathy specialty clinics in conjunction with the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at UT Health San Antonio.
- Telephone and tele-medicine consultation services
- Same day appointments made available on request
Specialty Services Available
State-of-the-art noninvasive diagnostic capability:
- ECG with telephone and fax transmission interpretation
- Full range of echocardiography services including transthoracic, transesophageal and fetal echocardiography.
- Arrhythmia detection with 24-hour ambulatory ECG monitoring and long-term event monitoring
- Exercise stress testing
- Telemedicine capabilities with tele-echo interpretation to rural and south Texas
- Expertise in interventional cardiac catheterization techniques which often replace or postpone the need for cardiac surgery
- Consultation services in un-operated and post-operative adults with congenital heart disease
- Full integration with a team of outstanding cardiothoracic surgeons with expertise in the management of all congenital cardiac abnormalities
- Full integration with the only Pediatric Cardiac ICU in San Antonio dedicated to the treatment of children and adults with congenital heart disease