Faculty Spotlight: Daniel Lodge, Ph.D.

I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia where I completed my B.Sc. and Ph.D. at Monash University. I moved to the U.S. in 2004 to conduct postdoctoral research at the University of Pittsburgh before joining the Department of Pharmacology at UT Health in 2009. Away from work, I am lucky to be the husband of a talented and successful realtor and father of two entertaining boys.

What brought you to UT Health San Antonio?

In looking for faculty positions I wanted to join a high-profile neuroscience program with a world-class faculty. I found that at UT Health San Antonio, where my colleagues are not only spectacular scientists but are also great people who are supportive and highly collaborative.

Tell me about your research interests and why you are passionate about this topic?

The brain is the most complex organ in the human body, and we are constantly gaining new information as to how it functions. Our research is focused on trying to understand the neuronal systems contributing to psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, depression, & PTSD.

Click on link to read more on Dr. Daniel Lodge

Pipette Gazette Faculty Spotlight

Read More

Article Categories: News