The Graduate Student Travel Award is given in honor of Vernon S. Bishop, Ph.D., Chairman of the Department of Physiology 1992 – 2003.
The Department of Cellular & Integrative Physiology will grant travel awards to eligible Students and Postdoctoral Fellows to present their research at national scientific conferences.
Applications for the competitive awards will be evaluated in two cycles: Fall semester (due September 1st) and Spring semester (due February 1st). One award (up to $1,000) will be granted each cycle.
To Apply for Students:
Visit the following link to complete the online application and upload your CV – https://seam.ly/JUJDtCCV. Your C.V. should include a list of publications, awards, memberships in scientific societies and details of service to the school.
- The student must be in the Physiology track, the Physiology/Pharmacology discipline OR a graduate student (any track/discipline) working in the lab of a Physiology Primary Faculty member
- Be in good academic standing
- Be the presenting author on a scientific abstract at the meeting for which you are requesting an award
To Apply for Postdoctoral Fellows:
Visit the following link to complete the online application and upload your CV – https://seam.ly/59mVZ5ui. Your C.V. should include a list of publications, awards, memberships in scientific societies and details of service to the school.
- Be a Postdoc employed by the Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology OR a Postdoc working in the lab of a faculty member whose primary academic appointment is within the Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology.
- Be the presenting author on a scientific abstract at the meeting for which you are applying.
Previous Graduate Student Award Winners
- Spring 2018 – Tara Barron
- Fall 2017 – Ngoni Madungwe
- Spring 2017 – Chris Tschumi
- Fall 2016 – Xi (Stephen) Chen
- Spring 2016 – Tabitha Kreko
- Fall 2015 Jie Zhang
- Spring 2015 – Mateen Haroon
- Fall 2014 Rebekah Mahoney
- No Spring 2014
- Fall 2013 – Crystal Archer
- Spring 2013 – Elena Wisely
Previous Postdoctoral Fellow Recipients:
- Spring 2018 – Jonathan Berman
- Fall 2017- Chase Carver
- Spring 2017 – Lee Gilman
- Fall 2016 – Jorge Azpurua
- Spring 2016 – Audrey Hager
- Fall 2015 – Rosa Mino
- Spring 2015 – Rheaclare Fraser
- Fall 2014 – Elisabeth Piccart
- Spring 2014 – Emmanuelle Berret
- No Fall 2013
- Spring 2013 – Vladslav Bugay