- Burial of ashes ceremony honors body donors, UT Health Newsroom Story, May 3, 2019
2019 Interment Ceremony
2018 Interment Ceremony
The Human Anatomy Program sponsored another poignant Burial of Ashes Ceremony on May 3, 2017.
- Burial ceremony honors body donors
- UT Health San Antonio Honors Deceased Who Gave ‘Ultimate Sacrifice’
The Department of CSA – Body Donation Program published an article in the Fall 2016 – Winter 2017 Mission magazine highlighting a remarkable journey of a courageous donor, Suzanne Felts.
- The dead teach the living, January 1, 2017, by Joe Feist. Features – Suzanne Felts, Omid Rahimi, Ph.D., Body Donation Program Director, Linda Baker-Webber, Body Donation Program Coordinator.
2016 Interment Ceremony
Read the UT Health Newsroom article on the 2016 Burial Ceremony:
- Burial of ashes honors willed body donors. April 28, 2016 – Joe Michael Feist, UT Health Newsroom.
Read the article published on the MySA – San Antonio News website:
Check out KSAT12 news story and video on new anatomy labs with Annette Occhialini and Omid Rahimi:
- New UT Health Science Center facility features 3-D technology. Academic Learning and Teaching Center houses 33 interactive classrooms. By Erica Hernandez – Producer, February 16, 2016
- Interactive Academic Learning & Teaching Center dedicated. HSC Newsroom: February 16, 2016, Will Sansom.
2015 Interment Ceremony
The Human Anatomy Program commemoration of the contributions of body donors to the educational mission of our University was held April 28th, 2015. Thanks to everyone for making the ceremony a success.
View stories about the Burial of Ashes ceremony at:
- Univision 41 TV station: Reconocen valor de quienes donan su cuerpo a la ciencia
Congratulations to Dr. Rahimi on the HSC News Article Students grateful for having learned from human bodies. Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 Volume: XLV Issue: 12
Omid Rahimi, Ph.D., Distinguished Teaching Professor and director of the Human Anatomy Program, said the annual interment service “is surely dedicated to those who, in death, have offered their bodies to serve the living.
- WOAI Radio ran a story on the Body Donation Program’s Burial of Ashes. Congratulations to Omid Rahimi, Ph.D., who was interviewed for this story: “Medical Students Honor Those Who Donate Their Body to Science” Donors are buried near the medical school in a special cemetery. Wednesday, May 4, 2011 by Berit Mason.
- The Metro section of the Express News ran an article on the Body Donation Program’s Burial of Ashes ceremony: “Med students say goodbye to body donors” UTHSC honors body donors as ashes are interred. By Richard A. Marini, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Omid Rahimi, Ph.D. is the new Willed Body Program director.
The Express-News wrote an article which describes the program – its existence, purpose and the constant need for more donors.