Master’s Programs in Cell Systems & Anatomy
The graduate program in Cell Systems & Anatomy offers two specialized Master’s degree programs, in Anatomical Sciences and Biotechnology. Generally, the biotechnology track is designed for the student who is interested in technical and/or supervisory positions in biotechnology companies, forensic laboratories, or in academic positions that require extensive knowledge of molecular biology. By comparison, the anatomy track is geared towards an individual who is interested in teaching anatomical sciences or in augmenting their research skills for combination with a medical or dental degree. For students in the Master’s tracks, an independent thesis and 30 hours of course work are required. However, there is considerable flexibility in the program in order to accommodate the needs and interests of the individual students.
Master of Science: Anatomical Sciences
- Human gross anatomy and histology courses with full cadaveric dissections.
- Opportunities to teach and tutor students in medical, dental and other health professions.
- Highly acclaimed teaching faculty with prestigious Piper Professorships, UT System Regents Outstanding Teaching Awards and UT-Health San Antonio Presidential Teaching Excellence Awards.
- Presentations and guidance by Long School of Medicine Admissions Office for prospective medical students.
- Graduates of the program enrolled in medical or dental schools.
Master of Science: Biotechnology
- Cutting-edge resources including Next-Gen sequencing and Super-Resolution microscopy.
- Faculty with state-of-the-art laboratories conducting basic science and translational research in Aging, Cancer Biology, DNA Repair & Mutagenesis, Neurobiology and Stem Cells.
- Graduates of the program have won the annual Guarino award, the top institution-wide prize for M.S. graduates, in each of the last 4 years.
- Many of our alumni working at major biotech/pharma companies or academic institutions.
Ramaswamy Sharma, M.S., Ph.D.
Cell Systems & Anatomy
UT Health at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900