Our two main partner hospitals here in San Antonio are University Hospital and Audie L. Murphy Memorial Veterans Administration Hospital, the flagship hospitals, respectively, of University Health System (UHS) and of the South Texas Veterans Healthcare System. In each, our faculty deliver comprehensive inpatient care, achieved through a robust partnership between our superb Hospital Medicine division and a complete array of Subspecialty Consultation services, including Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics/Palliative Medicine, Infectious Disease, Nephrology, Pulmonary Diseases and Rheumatology. In both hospitals, our sickest patients receive life saving support in Cardiac Care Units and Intensive Care Units directed by our Cardiology and Pulmonary/Critical Care physicians. In addition, we partner with the Christus Santa Rosa Healthcare System to deliver care at other sites, notably our Advanced Endoscopy/Pancreas program at Christus Santa Rosa-Medical Center.
Department of Medicine faculty are active in delivering longitudinal medical care, both primary and consultative in a growing diversity of clinical sites in San Antonio. These include sites operated by our VA and UHS partners and sites operated by UT Health Physicians (UTHP), the faculty practice of the Long School of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio.
1) The MARC (the Medical Arts and Research Center), the flagship home of our faculty practice: includes Cardiology, Diabetes, Endocrinology, Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Pulmonary Diseases and Rheumatology clinics, as well as a Heart Station (for cardiac diagnostics including treadmill studies, echocardiograms and nuclear studies) and a Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Center.
2) Mays Cancer Center: Hematology, Oncology, Dermatology, Pancreas/Advanced Endoscopy & Dermatology clinics.
3) UT Hill Country Clinic (near Boerne): Cardiology and Dermatology clinic
4) Robert B. Green Campus (downtown): General Medicine, Cardiology, Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Diseases and Rheumatology clinics, as well as a Heart Station and Endoscopy Center
5) Texas Diabetes Institute (West side): Endocrinology and Nephrology clinics and Diabetes Clinical Research center
6) Outpatient care for our Veterans occurs in a comprehensive panel of subspecialty, Primary Care and Geriatrics clinics within Audie Murphy VA Hospital, which also features a Heart Station and Endoscopy Center.