In alignment with the Long School of Medicine, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology’s Division of Education is committed to providing the highest quality medical education and training for students, residents, faculty, alumni and our community partners in the area of Women’s Health.
Our goals are to promote, achieve and sustain excellence in areas of both teaching and education. We strive to provide a stimulating and supportive learning environment which facilitates each learner’s development and mastery of basic skills, critical thinking, and problem solving while also encouraging creativity and innovation. By engaging in scientific inquiry and educational scholarship we are working to create a culture which inspires lifelong learning.
Through shared values of collaboration, innovation, and integrity, we are working to redefine the future of women’s health education for the benefit of patients and a diverse community.
1. Promote, achieve and sustain excellence in teaching and education
2. Create and foster an environment that values education and educational scholarship
3. Build academic recognition and leadership in areas of educational expertise, innovations, delivery, outcomes and research
1. Provide guidance to faculty and programs in the design, implementation and continuous quality review of curricula.
2. Provide faculty development for teaching best practices for content delivery (use of instructional technology, active learning, learner centered teaching)
3. Support and mentor educators who desire to pursue a career commitment to education as a scholarship strength, including advancement within the promotion and tenure system(s).
4. Support faculty in educational research projects and scholarship
5. Develop CME programs for community physicians in San Antonio and referral areas.
6. Provide women’s healthcare education to the patients in our community.