The Department of Anesthesiology is actively recruiting for a Vice-Chair of Research. In the interim, Maxim S. Eckmann, M.D. is directing research initiatives.
Specific Lab Expertise includes:
- Small animal surgery
- Behavioral analysis of nociception
- Pharmacological interventions
- Protein expression/activity analysis
- Ultrasound-guided technologies
Current Projects include:
- Analysis of behavioral response following perineural therapies
- Evaluation of neurolytic effects of perineural therapies
- Peripherally mediated opioid analgesia
- Regulation of inflammation-associated proteins following nerve injury
- Organ preservation systems
- Novel uses for ultrasound-guided technologies for drug delivery
Our department encourages students and resident physicians to rotate through our laboratories. Anesthesiology researchers also mentor participants in the Medical Student Summer Research Program for both basic science and clinical research. For more information, please contact Dr. Eckmann via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.