Salary & Benefits
Salaries (AY 2022-2023):
- PGY-4: $61,836.49
- PGY-5: $63,957.21
- PGY-6: $65,767.60
- PGY-7: $68,121.01
San Antonio has a favorable cost of living.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
Meals, Parking & Uniforms:
- Monthly meal stipend for extended call at University Hospital
- Complimentary parking for all housestaff provided by University Hospital
- White lab coats provided free of charge to incoming housestaff by University Hospital
CardioSource Plus – valued at $5500 – provides access to the following resources:
- Board prep activities
- Thousands of high-quality self-assessment questions
- Hundreds of points toward Part II of the ABIM’s MOC program
- Hundreds of hours of CME credit, including 85 echo credits
- 15 nuclear cardiology credits
- A library of heart murmurs (Heart Songs)
- Access to ACCSAP, CathSAP, EchoSAP, EP SAP, HF SAP
Complimentary membership to the American College of Cardiology (ACC) as a Fellow in Training (FIT).
Chief Fellows receive $1000 reimbursement toward Board fees.
Other reimbursements considered on an individual basis.
Vacation Time & Sick Leave:
- 3 weeks of paid vacation time per year.
- 10 paid days of sick leave per year for injury or illness.
- Sick leave can be carried over through academic years during fellowship.
- Although not a separate leave or extended leave, housestaff may use a combination of sick leave and vacation time for maternity, paternity, or other extended leave.