Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program
We offer an outstanding training opportunity with comprehensive clinical training in general cardiology and excellent opportunities in cardiovascular research. The primary goal of our fellowship program is to train excellent clinical cardiologists with broad-based experience and procedural skills.
Upon graduation, the majority of our fellows pursue private practice, with a significant proportion choosing further sub-specialization or an academic career. Our graduates have taken positions in a variety of attractive locations throughout the United States. We strive to attract progressively higher quality cardiac fellows from year to year and invite you to give our training program your serious consideration.
- To train cardiologists to excel in patient care and scholarly activity.
- To provide mentorship and support to fellows in their personal career goals.
- To maintain a fellowship culture of caring: caring for patients, for each other, and about learning.
- To continue emphasizing areas of strength:
- Clinical acumen of the graduating fellows is excellent and supported by a 92% board pass rate for first-time test-takers over the last 5 years.
- Fellows continue to show continuous knowledge improvement as supported by in-service exam scores demonstrating temporal improvement over each class, stemming from careful applicant screening coupled with close faculty involvement in the education program and comprehensive lectures/conferences.
- Supporting fellows in their pursuit of obtaining post cardiology subspecialty training in heart failure, electrophysiology and interventional cardiology.