Our mission is to be the best place in the world to train as a Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
- Develop innovative educational programs that train the next generation of cardiothoracic surgeons
- Deliver an educational experience through a curriculum based in evidenced based medicine.
- Teach the art and science of cardiothoracic surgery through an ACGME accredited integrated cardiothoracic surgery program.
- Provide cardiothoracic surgical residents an opportunity to prepare for the transition to independent practice with graduated increases in patient care responsibility.
- Provide educational rotations to general surgery residents through a focused exposure to common cardiothoracic conditions and therapies.
- Provide educational opportunities for 3rd and 4th year medical students to participate in cardiothoracic surgery.