We offer a full spectrum of adult cardiac and general thoracic surgery, congenital heart surgery, lung transplantation, open and endovascular aortic surgery and minimally invasive surgical techniques. Strongly dedicated to teaching the next generation of surgical experts, we are equally committed to outstanding patient care and best practices outcomes.
Our Program Goals:
- Develop innovative educational programs that train the next generation of cardiothoracic surgeons
- Deliver an educational experience through a curriculum based on evidence-based medicine.
- Teach the art and science of cardiothoracic surgery through an ACGME accredited integrated cardiothoracic surgery program.
- Provide cardiothoracic surgical residents an opportunity to prepare for the transition to independent practice with graduated increases in patient care responsibility.
- Provide educational rotations to general surgery residents through a focused exposure to common cardiothoracic conditions and therapies.
- Provide educational opportunities for 3rd and 4th year medical students to participate in cardiothoracic surgery.
Our mission is to be the best place in the world to train as a Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
– Andrea J. Carpenter, MD, PhD