The Department of Emergency Medicine is committed to excellence in patient care, education, and research. We are honored that the people of South Texas choose us for their emergency care. We take seriously the mission of teaching the next generation of emergency medicine physicians.
- Provide outstanding patient centered clinical care.
- Teach the next generation of physicians and providers.
- Develop a culture of research and academic excellence to support UME and GME.
- Support UT Health San Antonio, University Health System, and other partners to improve community health.
- Become the premier Academic Emergency Medicine Program in Texas based on a culture of scholarship and excellence.
- Establish a patient centered clinical practice as the Emergency Department of choice for San Antonio.
- Duty: Caring for our patients, teaching our students, and building great programs to support them. Ours is a sacred mission, not just a job.
- Respect: For our patients, our students, our colleagues and teammates.
- Integrity: We handle ourselves with honesty, clarity and forthrightness.
- Teamwork: Emergency Medicine more than any other specialty is unequivocally based on the ability of our team to function as a cohesive unit towards a shared goal.