How to Apply
The application deadline through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for PGY1 2023-2024 is December 15th, 2022.
Interview season extends from October into early January. Interviews are offered after we review your completed application and all supporting materials through ERAS. No paper applications will be accepted. There are a limited number of interview slots, so we recommend submitting your application materials as early as possible.
- Online ERAS application
- Dean’s letter from your medical school
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians with whom you worked with during your training
- Personal statement detailing your interest in Family Medicine
- USMLE: Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS
- COMLEX USA Level 1, COMLEX USA Level 2 (COMPLEX PE)
- Passing USMLE steps 1 and 2 (CK and CS). Completion of step 3 is favorable, but not required. All individual steps must be passed in 3 attempts or less
- Medical school transcript
We do not have a medical school graduation year cut-off, but we prefer individuals who have graduated from medical school within the past 5 years. For any applicant who graduated from medical school more than one year ago, we will want to know that you have been active in significant medical experiences in the intervening years, and have kept your medical knowledge current. Please highlight these activities in your application.
Guidelines for International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
- IMG requirements are the same as US graduates
- Eligible for licensure in Texas
- ECFMG certified (if applicant is still in medical school, must be ECFMG certified by June 30th)
- Must be eligible for employment in the United States on July 1st of the year of the Match
- IMG’s must be a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident, or a holder of a J-1 visa (sponsored by ECFMG in order to engage in graduate medical education).
For more information, contact the Office of International Services at 210-567-6241 or email@example.com.
Please direct all correspondence and inquiries to:
Family Medicine Residency Program
UT Health San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MC 7795
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900