Upcoming Grand Rounds
Our Grand Rounds are currently presented live via Zoom every Wednesday from 12:30pm-1:30pm (CST). If presented in person or hybrid, locations are listed with each event. Most presentations are available for CME credit.
Inventing a healthier future for families and communities in San Antonio, South Texas and beyond through excellence in patient-centered care, research, and education.
Our Educational Partners Include:
- South Central Area Health Education Center (South Central AHEC)
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians (TAFP) – Alamo Chapter
Our Grand Rounds Objectives:
- Present evidence-based information for providing patient-centered care in Family Medicine ambulatory and hospital settings.
- Provide evidence-based guides for diagnosing and managing common diseases in patients from both genders, across the life span.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement evidence-based preventative, diagnostic, and treatment/management strategies in Family Medicine ambulatory and hospital settings.
- Improve the overall care of children across the life span with special needs and those who suffer from pain or chronic or terminal conditions.
We expect that participating in our Grand Rounds will improve the medical care participants provide by integrating evidence-based content and quality improvement strategies. We emphasis the assessment of outcomes, such as performance improvement in practice and point of care learning, which incorporates documented application of new knowledge into practice.
We welcome faculty, residents, other health care providers and staff from our department; physicians and health care providers from San Antonio and South Texas; and medical students in our third year clerkship and fourth year rotations.
FCM Professional Development and Grand Rounds Committee:
Carlos Roberto Jaén, MD, PhD
Mark Nadeau, MD, MBA, FAAFP
Marcy Wiemers, MD
Maria Del Pilar Montanez Villacampa, MD (PDC Co-Chair)
Christine Song, DO
Nehman Andry, MD
Margaret Finley, MD
Gabriela Gibson-Lopez, PsyD
Richel Avery, MD
Yun Shi, MD, PhD (RSS Chair)
Stacy Ogbeide, PsyD, MS, ABPP, CSOWM (PDC Co-Chair)
Lauren Fuller, MD