- (210) 458-8676
DepartmentChemistry, University of Texas at San Antonio
McHardy, Stanton F., Ph.D.
Pfizer Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Univ. of Utah Aug. 1996 to Dec. 1996
Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, Univ. of Utah (Professor Gary E. Keck) Aug. 1991 to Aug. 1996
B.Sc. Chemistry, Texas Lutheran University Aug. 1986 to Aug. 1990
Keywords: synthetic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, pre-clinical drug discovery strategies, outsourcing, business development and project management
Dr. McHardy’s lab and the CIDD are focused on medicinal chemistry research in the design, synthesis and development of small molecule compounds across multiple therapeutic disease areas. Currently funded programs are focused on the development of novel small molecules for breast, ovarian and brain cancers, metabolic diseases, Schistosomiasis, biofilm inhibition and dengue virus. The lab also focuses on the development of new synthetic methodologies for the synthesis of drug-like compounds and natural products.
Awards & Accomplishments
- UTSA Ambassadors Amber Award, February 2016
- Research Award, IIMS Frontiers of Translational Science Symposium, San Antonio, Texas, April 2015
American Chemical Society
- Tyrosine phosphorylation regulates ERβ ubiquitination, protein turnover, and inhibition of breast cancer”, Bin Yuan, Long Cheng, Qinong Ye, Kshama Gupta, Huai-Chin Chiang, Yanfen Hu, Rong Li, Harshita B. Gupta, Kate Lathrop, Richard Elledge, Tyler J. Curiel, Gangadhara R. Sareddy, Ratna Vadlamudi, Degeng Wang, Pei Wang and Stanton F. McHardy, Oncotarget, 2016, Ahead of Print.
- “Targeting Candida albicans filamentation for antifungal drug development”, Taissa Vila, Jesus A Romo, Stephen P. Saville, Jose L. Lopez-Ribot, Christopher G. Pierce and Stanton F. McHardy, Virulence, 2016, 1-9.
- “Molecular dynamics study of human carbonic anhydrase II in complex with Zn2+ and acetazolamide on the basis of all-atom force field simulations”, Thierry O. Wambo, Liao Y. Chen, Stanton F. McHardy and Andrew T. Tsin, Biophysical Chemistry, 2016, 214-215, 54-60.
- “A novel small molecule inhibitor of Candida albicans biofilm formation, filamentation and virulence with low potential for the development of resistance”, Christopher G Pierce, Ashok K Chaturvedi, Anna L Lazzell, Alexander T Powell, Stephen P Saville, Stanton F McHardy and Jose L Lopez-Ribot. NPJ Biofilms and Microbiomes, 2015, 15012.
- “Design, Synthesis, and Characterization of Novel, Nonquaternary Reactivators of GF-Inhibited Human Acetylcholinesterase”, Stanton F. McHardy, Jonathan A Bohmann, Michael R Corbett, Bismarck Campos, Michael W Tidwell, Paul M Thompson, Chris J Bemben, Tony A Menchaca, Tony E Reeves, William R Cantrell, Jr, William E Bauta, Ambrosio Lopez, Donald M Maxwell, Karen M Brecht, Richard E Sweeney, John McDonough, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2014, 24, 1711-1714.