The Division of Pediatric Surgery offers the region’s most advanced care in:
- Head and neck surgery: branchial cleft anomalies; disorders of the thyroid and parathyroid; lymph node disorders; cystic hygroma; esophageal and bronchial foreign body removal; vagal nerve stimulator implantation.
- Thoracic general surgery: all esophageal, lung, and diaphragm disorders; Nuss repair of pectus disorders; minimally invasive decortication for empyema; titanium rib implantation for complex chest wall and spine disorders.
- Abdominal surgery: all surgical diseases of the intestinal tract; all abdominal tumors; all congenital anomalies of the abdominal wall; minimally invasive repair of pyloric stenosis; umbilical hernia repair.
- Urologic surgery: inguinal hernia; undescended testicles; circumcision; testicular torsion; preadolescent gynecology; access for hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.
- Comprehensive surgical care of complex neonatal congenital anomalies.
- Oncology: multidisciplinary care of the pediatric cancer patient; removal of abdominal, chest, head/neck, and soft tissue cancers; placement of central venous access catheters for chemotherapy.
- Minimally invasive surgery: laparoscopic cholecystectomy, Nissen fundoplication, splenectomy, appendectomy, nephrectomy, colectomy, evaluation of abdominal pain.
- Vascular surgery: traumatic injury, congenital malformations
- Prenatal consultation for known fetal disorders
- Comprehensive care of the pediatric trauma victim
Clinic Appointments and Referrals
Patients are seen in the outpatient clinics at the following locations.
- Methodist Plaza Office Building (M-F)
- Children’s Hospital of San Antonio (Fridays)
- North Central Baptist Stone Oak (Fridays)
All appointments and referrals can be made by calling (210) 615-8757