Welcome to the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at UT Health San Antonio Long School of Medicine! We appreciate you taking the time to come here. On this page you will find our news and upcoming events to stay updated on the latest in our program. The top navigation tabs will direct you depending on your needs. Below you will find news and upcoming events.
If you are a patient, please go to the Patient Care tab for information on treatments and conditions, surgeons, and clinical locations. From this tab you will also be able to find and make an appointment with a surgeon. In addition, we welcome you to meet the various individuals that take part in your care by going to the Our Team tab.
Our Team tab includes information and detailed bios of our faculty, residents, nurses, nurse practitioners, perfusionists, and office staff. This section is intended for all visitors, including patients, students, residents, etc. We are a close knit department and consider everyone in it part of our family.
The Education tab includes information on our integrated 6-year residency program intended for prospective residents and medical students. We encourage you to contact our Academic Program Coordinator Amanda Bennett for any questions, including rotations, visiting rotations, and applying to our program.
The Research tab includes information on our clinical and basic science projects and achievements. Research is an integral part of advancing treatment of cardiothoracic disease.
- Cultivate a pervasive, adaptive and respectful environment promoting diversity, inclusion, equity, professionalism, humanism and opportunity
- Provide exemplary medical education and training to a diverse body of health career professionals at all levels while fostering a commitment to scholarship, leadership and life-long learning across the educational continuum.
- Build and sustain recognized leadership, and advance scholarship excellence across the biomedical and health-related research spectrum
- Deliver exemplary and compassionate health care to enhance every patient’s quality of life
- Serve as a responsive resource to address community health needs whether local or global
- Attain health equity for the diverse patient population of South Texas.
There are no events at this time. Please check back later.