EMS fellows receive pay commensurate to PGY4/5 and have the opportunity to moonlight in accordance with GME regulations.
Benefits are through the University of Texas system including holiday pay, health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
- A generous CME allowance is offered
- Parking: Available immediately adjacent to hospital.
- Field Work: paid travel and time for global health trips
- Vacation: Two paid weeks per year
- Sick leave: Full salary is paid for 10 days per year for injury or illness.
- Maternity or paternity leave: Although not a separate leave category, female fellows may use a combination of sick leave, vacation time and disability leave to cover six weeks of post-partum leave. A male fellow may use a combination of paternity leave and annual leave to help care for his new family.
- Salary & Benefits: Fellows are paid at that the PGY4 level and are UHS employees who receive UHS benefits
- 2019-2020 Annual Salary: $58,269.90
- 2020-2021 Annual Salary: $59,435.30
- Orientation Pay (Contingent): $2,057.76
Additional information can be found on UT Health San Antonio Long School of Medicine Graduate Medical Education (GME).