The Emergency Medicine Student Association (EMSA) is a student organization dedicated to fostering the development of medical students interested in pursuing a career in Emergency Medicine. At EMSA we cherish the opportunity to share with medical students our own excitement, interest, and enthusiasm for Emergency Medicine.
- Introduce students to the specialty of Emergency Medicine;
- Provide an opportunity for students to see what the ED is like firsthand through the Mentorship Program
- Provide resources to help students accomplish their goals in pursuit of EM as a career
- Educate all students on what EM is about and what it takes to be an Emergency Medicine physician.
EMSA offers numerous programs and opportunities to help accomplish these objectives, including:
- Mentorship Program: EMSA pairs its members with their own EM faculty mentor. Mentors serve as personal advisors to students and offer open availability for shadowing
- Monthly Skills Labs: The Association provides labs to improve student skill sets. Past labs have included Beginner and Advanced Suture, Intubation, Ultrasound, and Trauma Simulations.
- Monthly Meetings: Our meetings educate our members on different EM topics, ranging from Disaster Scenarios and EMS ride-along opportunities to the business of EM and EM residencies.
- Monthly Cases: Residents apply classroom knowledge to EM cases. Correct diagnosis and treatment plan submissions may win a prize!
- Fun social events: Get to know other members and EM Faculty at BBQs, meet and greets, and nights out on the town.
EMSA welcomes all that are interested to join.