About Our Department
Our outpatient faculty clinical practice is based at the Medical Arts Building and part of UT Health Physicians. University Hospital, our main inpatient hospital, is one of the nation’s leading teaching hospitals and South Texas premier Level I trauma center. University Hospital has been ranked Best Hospital in the region by U.S. News & World Report for six years in a row. The new million-square-foot Sky Tower was opened in 2012 and has brought the most technically advanced care available to South Texas.
Our mission to provide excellence in clinical care and train the next generation of Otolaryngologists remains unchanged. This is accomplished by our commitment to:
- Providing high-quality medical education and training to medical students and physicians at all career levels with special emphasis on
- Training Otolaryngology-HNS residents to be competent, compassionate, responsible, and ethical leaders in our profession, and
- Preparing medical students and physicians for managing otolaryngology problems in the primary care setting.
- Conducting biomedical and other health-related research in the areas of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery and communication disorders.
- Delivering exemplary quality Otolaryngology services across our health care system
- Providing a responsive resource in health-related affairs for the nation and the state, with particular emphasis on South Texas.
We have a wonderful team that is dedicated to our core missions of excellence in patient care, education of the next generation of physicians, and research.
-Frank R. Miller, MD, FACS
Chairman, Department of Otolaryngology