Are you ready to make a difference?
Impact the lives of underserved children who are deaf and hard of hearing with UT Health San Antonio's Master of Deaf Education and Hearing Science. Our program will equip you with the tools and training needed to assist these children in developing spoken language.
Advance Your Career in Deaf Education
Every year positions in Texas and across the nation go unfilled because of the lack of qualified professionals, and our students help to fill that critical need.
Our Master of Deaf Education and Hearing Science is nationally certified by the Council on Education of the Deaf (CED). Students can receive CED certification upon graduation. Students are also eligible for certification as a teacher of the deaf and hard-of-hearing in the state of Texas through examination.
If you have a degree in communication science or education, and an interest in language, the Deaf Education and Hearing Science (DEHS) Program could be the next step in your career!
Why Long School of Medicine?
- The DEHS program is federally recognized for best practices based on research in preparing deaf education teaching professionals
- Interprofessional education opportunities prepare students to be an effective part of the deaf education team
- Multiple nationally ranked programs by U.S. News and World Report
Program at a Glance
- Two Year Program (45 credit hours)
- Full scholarships and learning stipends for every student
- Practicum coursework can be completed in San Antonio or Houston
“If you love children, language, and want to help children in any way possible, I think this is a wonderful field to choose. It is incredibly rewarding.”
– Lindsay Dimich, Deaf Education and Hearing Science Program Graduate