Assistant or Associate Professor/Clinical
The Division of Nephrology, Long School of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio, is seeking nephrologists at the Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor level on the Clinician/ Educator track. Under new leadership, the Division is rapidly expanding and looking for innovative ways to provide superior renal care and improve teaching strategies. This position offers the opportunity to design your career as a Clinician/ Educator, attend on multiple clinical services, develop new initiatives and teach medical students, Internal Medicine residents and Nephrology fellows. You will enjoy our collaborative environment, with frequent opportunities to learn from and with your colleagues through our seminars, chalk-talk series, and our mentoring program. San Antonio is one of the ten largest cities in the United States with a culturally vibrant diverse population, and, you will enjoy warm weather year-round!
More Information on Assistant or Associate Professor/Clinical Position
Mass Spectrometry Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
The Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Joe R. & Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine has an opening for a full-time postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Dr. Kumar Sharma. The Renal Precision Medicine laboratory focus is on identifying biomarkers and therapeutic targets by ‘Omic’ approaches. The laboratory has been recently NIH funded to develop kidney precision medicine program for analysis of spatial metabolomic profiling of kidney tissues to map disease states. The laboratory uses targeted metabolomics and imaging mass spectrometry along with animal models and cell culture studies to integrate basic research to translational medicine.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with:
1. Metabolomic analysis together with systems biology approaches in animal models and humans will be used to identify targets of diabetic kidney disease.
2. Apply high-resolution imaging mass spectroscopy for spatial metabolomics in animal and human kidney tissue sections
3. Targeted quantitative metabolomics analysis of urine, plasma and tissue samples from cell culture, mouse and human samples using GC-MS and LC-MS
More Information on Mass Spectrometry Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Position
Nephrology Post-doctoral Fellow
The Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Joe R. & Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine has an opening for a full-time postdoctoral fellow. The position will be available in Dr. Sharma’s lab and the successful candidate will investigate diabetic complications using cell biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, metabolomics and mass spectrometry imaging technologies.
We will focus on following areas: 1) spatial metabolomics and imaging mass spectrometry in diabetic kidney disease (DKD); 2) metabolomics and systems biology approaches applications in the understanding of DKD, and 3) identifying biomarkers for DKD.
We are seeking candidates for a Research Associate position with the following responsibilities:
- Assists with diabetic animal models relevant to human diseases, using multiple experimental techniques (i.e. cell culture, flow cytometry, PCR-based assays, immunohistochemistry, histological and morphometric analysis).
- Assists with mass spectrometry, western blotting and working with laboratory animals. These include genetic approaches using knockout and transgenic mice, surgery, and cell transfer studies.
- Designs, modifies and collaborates with primary investigator regarding protocol and methodology of research topics. Conducts experiments and studies as well as assesses outcomes, adapts continued studies based on the organization of findings.
- Conducts library and topical research pertinent to projects. Writes and prepares final papers to support findings; submits evidence for publication.