Frequently Asked Questions

Physiology & Pharmacology Discipline

Do graduate students receive a stipend?

All IBMS students will be appointed as graduate research assistants. IBMS students will receive a stipend of $30,000 (may vary) for the 2018-2019 academic year and beyond unless otherwise amended or change. Resident tuition, fees and basic student health insurance will be paid on behalf of the IBMS graduate program and selected mentor.

Do I have to have student health insurance?

All students are required to have health insurance. The UT System Board of Regents requires you to maintain a valid major medical insurance policy while you are a registered student at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. If you do not have your own health insurance policy, you will be automatically enrolled in a group plan chosen by the U.T. System. A student may enroll her/his spouse and/or children at additional cost(s). The premiums vary accordingly.  A student with her/his own health insurance plan must self-report the details of that plan in the Online Student Center accessible by logging in to and clicking on Student Administration.

How much is the parking on campus?

Students are required to purchase a parking permit to park a vehicle on campus. For information on purchasing a permit please visit the UTHSCSA Police Department webpage. Click link for UTHSCSA Police Department. To view a map of the campus parking areas go to UTHSCSA Campus Maps.

What kind of financial aid does the school offer?

Assessment of the financial needs of individuals is made by the Financial Aid Office once the student is accepted for admission. The Financial Aid Office will contact individuals upon their acceptance for admission to give them an opportunity to apply for financial assistance. Various programs are in place to assist any student with financial needs. The Financial Aid Office works to bridge the gap between the student’s actual resources and his or her demonstrated need by locating sources of funds and providing emergency assistance when necessary to assure that the student is able to complete his or her education. Nonresident (out-of-state) students are eligible for all forms of financial aid because most programs are federally funded or regulated. Generally, international (foreign) students are not eligible for traditional forms of financial aid. For more information on Financial Aid go to Student Services.

Apply now