Salary & Benefits
The following salary and benefits information is related to the Department of Dermatology’s Residency program. For full details, visit the GME Compensation and Benefits webpage.
Salaries (AY 2022-2023):
- PGY-4: $61,836.49
- PGY-5: $63,957.21
- PGY-6: $65,767.60
- PGY-7: $68,121.01
San Antonio has a favorable cost of living.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
Meals, Parking & Uniforms:
- Monthly meal stipend for extended call at University Hospital
- Complimentary parking for all housestaff provided by University Hospital
- White lab coats provided free of charge to incoming housestaff by University Hospital
Vacation Time & Sick Leave:
- 3 weeks of paid vacation time per year.
- 10 paid days of sick leave per year for injury or illness.
- Sick leave can be carried over through academic years during residency.
- Although not a separate leave or extended leave, housestaff may use a combination of sick leave and vacation time for maternity, paternity, or other extended leave.