Neonatal Nutrition and Bone Institute (NNBI)
NNBI is a Premiere Center for the Healthy Development of Neonates and is housed at University Hospital in San Antonio, Texas. This Institute is staffed by a team of experts who focus on nutrition, bone health, and specialized testing in children.
Under this Institute, a multidisciplinary team approach is ensured for the following conditions:
- Short gut/bowel syndrome, gastroschisis, duodenal, jejunal or ileal atresia, Intestinal dysmotility
- Parenteral Nutrition Associated Cholestasis (PNAC)
- Feeding difficulty and poor growth
- Necrotizing enterocolitis
- Extreme prematurity and Osteopenia of prematurity/metabolic bone disease
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta
What the NNBI offers:
- An individual health plan designed to meet the neonate’s specific needs
- Diagnostic testing, such as body composition, bone mineral density, and bone strength with DXA scan and air displacement plethysmography
- Diagnostic studies, such as endoscopy, colonoscopy, and biopsy
- Clinical research trials
- Donor breast milk program
Our team of experts includes neonatologists, dietitians, gastroenterologists, neonatal pharmacists, NICU nurses, hospitalists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, social workers, and psychologists.