The Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology & Nutrition offers excellent and comprehensive care to children with common problems such as abdominal pain to rare life-threatening conditions like acute liver failure in need of liver transplantation.
Our clinically robust division is the unique and positioned above the rest in offering following programs:
- Pediatric Liver transplant program – Only program in the city that can provide complete care to children with all types of liver diseases such as fatty liver, cystic fibrosis, biliary atresia, liver failure. Pediatric liver transplant program boasts living donor liver transplant program.
2. Pediatric IBD program – Well structured program to provide care and education to kids with IBD with newly approved medications for infusions and advances in nutritional therapy
3. Pediatric Intestinal Failure program – kids with Short gut syndrome or malabsorption can get home parental nutritional therapy and special feeding plans and formulas under the close guidance of experienced providers and dieticians.
4. Pediatric Pancreas program – Advanced endoscopies procedures such as ERCP, EUS are available to diagnose and manage these debilitating illnesses. Highly skilled Surgeons have done hepato-biliary pancreatic surgeries on pancreas and related organs.
5. GI procedure lab offers endoscopies for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes & breath test.
Clinical programs are supported by full array of dieticians, educators, coordinators, social workers, child life specialists. Division is engaged in clinical research in many fields such as Fatty liver, Parenteral nutrition therapy, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, Rare liver & pancreatic diseases. Medical students, Residents enjoy the rotations with our team and Division has actively supported career growth to become Associate professor after successfully finishing Pediatric GI fellowship.
Chief, Division of Pediatric Gastroenerology, Hepatology & Nutrition